Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 months in Namma Bengaluru

been a month again before i got back to writing a blog....that too inspired by Vijay's mail on his story abt Reboot-2008. Well written dude....i loved the sabrimalay part...too cool....
i won't write particularly on reboot though....generally abt my last two months at work...they have been quite a time...flew away before i cud stop and realise....bt awesum nonetheless....
so today I am thinking i'd count the blessings of being in Bangalore:
1. My job - i love it....it can be a bit too much bt i get to meet so so many people, touch their lives...and this is what i wanted to do for so so long....it jst can get better from here....
2. My friends, my extended family - so many thanks to my old friends in the city and from delhi - I am never alone...and being in a distant city, this is the best thing to happen....
3. My flat - right next to the airport....the old one in bangalore....i can see fighter jects taking off from my bed ....i mean how many people have that fortune...
4. My flatmate - super sweet aand very nice.....

Now to things that I haven't done before:
1. Stayed at the company guesthouse for 20 days - an obvious first
2. Took a local bus in an unknown city at 10:30 - coz i figured it'd be safer than a bus...conviniently forgetting the half a km of walk that i had to do once i got down...nightmarish!
3. Went to a club, overdressed for a chnage....follwoing delhi standards...
4. Went for drinks with 1 friend and 15 acquintances and then going to someone's place whom i don't even know...and haveing a blast till 4 am
5. comes close to point 4, door being knocked by cops at 4 am, coz we all were loud....
6. going for a fashion show....though i was in delhi...never got to do that in delhi....
7. drink....at random friend's houses till 4 am an entire weekend...6 am on a particular one...
8. buy shoes worth 6 k
9. drive...8 people in a maruti car......
10. get to a farmhouse party....rocking music and bring your booze types...and have absolutely nothing to drink and hence sky gaze instead....
11. this same party getting busted....
12. have a firang flatmate....while at the guest house....get to meet his even cuter german friends....sigh!
13. air kissing while at the fashion show....
14. go to an anniversary party....for a nightclub and have a member's invite to it...i mean all these last months i have partied like crazy without ever paying an entry to that place...my awesum friends and friends of friends...
15. be on page 3 in bangalore times....didn't believe it really....i mean 24 years in delhi and nothing happened and 2 months in bangalore and straight to page 3.
16. went to a charity event for kids....
17. went out with my office dance troupe...for a fundraiser....
18. went to an inter-corporate fest with an entourage of 20 people and had a great great time.....we were out for almost 20 hours....bt it was great! I am hoping to make some new friends and going forward not eat lunch alone in the cafeteria nemore....
19. being invited to a b'day party...when i knew him for almost exactly 24 hours....
20. having 3 straight tequila shots and rum...and then not knowing when the cake was cut even though people remmeber me as being right there....
21. wanting fresh air and walking out at 4 am i nthe morning....with another new friend...roaming the closed markets like ghosts....
22. this one shud be right at the top...experimenting with my hair...after atleast 9-10 years of the same kinda hairstyles...i cut my hair very short witin a week of getting to bangalore...has kinda given me,and my personality, a fresh breath of life....

22 things that i cud remmeber in 2 months...not a bad count at all....am living and loving it and there's no ther way that i'd rather have it.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me...

4. My flatmate - super sweet aand very nice.....

WAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

As I'd mentioned, I tried to detect some sarcasm in that line but just couldn't find any..so kindly put everyone out of misery and explain the shocking out of the pants statement:-P

Write some more!...cheers

Sam said...

that's quite a list!!
what happened next?